DDee has decided to go into hiding to shield herself from I Hear Your Voice spoilers. So I’m contributing today.
Who am I? I’m the person who has to wait patiently in bed every night for DDee to finish marathoning the latest episode(s) of whatever drama she’s obsessing over.
So from the perspective of a total outsider, may I humbly present my findings on Subject DDee. Yes – it’s totally pathological, I’m afraid.
1. Subject starts engaging in random Korean speech such as “chincha?” and “sarangheyo” whilst expecting you to understand.
2. Subject experiences inconsolable trauma when Dramacrazy goes down.
3. Subject constantly exhibits an irrational preference for Korean food (ramyun in particular)
4. Subject researches music videos and “choco-abs” pictorials of Rain (and/or any interchangeable K-hunk) because she thinks he’s a “great actor.”
5. Subject tries to discuss frustrating K-Drama plot developments with you as if they carry the same weight of real-world events. Alas, you can only manage to nod your head dumbly and try to keep from passing out.
I may be popping up in times of need and/or crisis in the future, probably to offer more of an outsider’s take on these strange compulsions. Until next time….