Another week and another round of reads! Dramaland has been kind to me lately what with two live-watches that are shaping up to be awesome in their own ways. Hope you’ve had similar luck 🙂
1. Upcoming OCN crime thriller Bad Boys or Bad Guys, released a teaser today featuring an appropriately menacing Kim San Joong and a gaggle of vicious dogs. Kim San Joong, fresh off a stint in A New Leaf, plays a detective who corals a bunch of “bad guys” into a crime fighting squad because presumably you have to be one to catch one. This comes after the recent inclusion of Park Hae Jin fresh off his role in Doctor
Quack Stranger into the cast playing the role of a “genius psychopath”. Joining the two are Jo Dong Hyul, Ma Dong Suk and Kang Ye Wom. This is produced by the same team behind Vampire Prosecutor, and judging by the teaser, it’s looking very very good. Or rather, bad. Bad Guys airs in October. Continue reading
And we’re back to our regular posting schedule! I’ve realised that it’s been one year since I started this blog so I’m patting myself on the back for making it this far. I’m patting you on the back too sticking around and for joining me along on this journey :). It’s time for a facelift too (not me, the blog, although hmm….), so don’t be surprised to find some changes soon.
1. The biggest bombshell of the day (and of the week probably) is Yoona’s casting in much-beloved Nodame Cantabile opposite Joo Won which lit up the net with a huge outcries of say-it-ain’t so. It’s by Group 8, the same production company behind similar adaptations Boys Over Flowers and Pretty Man. I have no connection to either the manga or the J-dorama so I don’t really have much to say about this one, except to everyone involved in this and to those who are planning on tuning in, I wish you the very best of luck. I say that without a trace of sarcasm.
2. And speaking of adaptations, Fated to Love You swept me off my feet as my fangirly first-look post will tell you. I hear that Jang Hyuk‘s trademark cackle has created some buzz on the net. Not surprising since it’s HYSTERICAL.
Well this is a shocker! I’m sitting here absolutely giddy in love with Fated to Love You.
I was wary bout this one for obvious reasons, but see what happens when a show exceeds your expectations? You get me writing a very fangirly first impressions post, which I almost never do. The first impressions part I mean. I fangirl all the time!
First, let’s talk about this creature here.
I was looking forward to a certain level of ham and slapstick from what I’d seen from the teasers, but I certainly did not expect the show to zealously devote itself to making Lee Geon look as ridiculous as possible. Continue reading
Gaaah. Time! We know it flies, but where to exactly? I’m terribly late yet again, and I’m in a blogging slump. My reviews are pending (sorry), but I’m watching oldies Snowman and History of a Salaryman which are fabulous! So be happy for me 🙂
1. Fated to Love You premiered last night! I’ve dropped all other rom-coms (a.k.a.the only one I was watching High School King) and am throwing my lot in with this one instead. With uber sexy and ridiculous and wonderful Jang Hyuk and cutie pie Jang Nara how could I not? I have yet to check out the first episode, but damn if the teaser was a splendid blend of slapstick craziness. Plus abs! And Jang Hyuk’s er..his..his…. Continue reading
People, it’s Tuesday and I’m behind schedule. So what’s new?! Onwards…
1. I’m not entirely sure what this teaser has to do with the drama itself about a student living a double life as his older bro, but heck, if Seo In Guk and Lee Ha Na do any of this in High School King, I’m so there. Wiggle and shimmy all you want Seo In Guk. Especially in that suit.
airs June 16th on tvN. High School KingContinue reading
It’s been awhile since I put one of these puppies together, and since I’m experiencing a bout of blogging inertia, the time is right for a photo-heavy, text-light and hopefully laugh-laden post 😀
I don’t keep up with fashion trends, but I do remember when there seemed to be a spate of K-actors wearing very large hats and thinking, good lord that’s big.
Jung Kyung Ho’s had bad luck with hats. It hasn’t turned for the better:
I’m late once again my friends! But better late than never isn’t that what they say? In this week’s round-up: Secret Love Affair, drama reunions, getting married in Korea, Yoon Mirae, Lee Michelle and more!
1. Secret Love Affair has completely swept me away both intellectually and emotionally, and I’m not surprised that it’s a bonafide ratings hit in Korea. And here’s another sign the show has struck a chord with audiences, parodies have started flying around. SNL re-enacted the drama’s infamous piano-playing scene between Yoo Ah In and Kim Hee Ae, and go on to turn other mundane stuff like eating corn into orgasmic experiences. Which is pretty reassuring for me to note that it’s not just my mind that’s in the gutter–the whole of Korea sees the same obvious code for sex everywhere in this drama! Also the shine of Kim Hee Ae’s make-up hasn’t escaped notice but that doesn’t really bother me. Her character is blossoming like a rose in the morning dew, people!
Here’s the preview for tonight’s episode (which I haven’t seen because I don’t want to get spoiled). The plot thickens!
And speaking of Kim Hee Ae here’s a translated interview of this fab actress from that steamy Elle photoshoot. Continue reading