I have never regretted my inability to understand Korean more than this moment. I apologise that I cannot offer you any credible translations of this lengthy preview. I have only these random observations to offer:
- The teaser devotes most of it’s time to a scene in Hye Won’s (Kim Hee Ae) house in which Sun Jae (Yoo Ah In) plays for her in what appears to be an audition. Sun Jae is nervous, and appropriately youthful. I was afraid he’d come off much older and closer to Yoo Ah In’s real age. I needn’t have worried. He’s got this. Kim Hee Ae is commanding.
- Sun Jae’s playing moves her to tears. Then they also play together. It’s intense. They struggle to catch their breaths, post-coital-like. He shakes. She deflects. This moment is acted so damn perfectly I want to die. Continue reading
This is the first 30-second preview of footage from the drama that is my drama to beat this season. I am officially calling it–it will slaughter everything in it’s path. I feel it in my bones. Continue reading
Well, I’m back with another round of questions to answer for the Liebster Award. Shucks, I’m really chuffed yet again by the shout-outs, especially since these are from blogs I love and read all the time. So let’s do this!
1. If you could write the script for a drama, what would it be about?
I recently heard a story about a fortune teller who tells fortunes using a deck of cards. The cards need to be buried with the fortune teller and then dug up after a few days by someone she’d chosen to pass them on to. And I thought, now that would make a great character!
So, my drama would be something along the lines of a fortune teller who goes in search for someone to pass on her powers to when she finds out that she’s dying. After a string of rejects she stumbles on a young woman who is a con artist with whom she inexplicably has a connection. Throw in a hot client-turned-love interest and another sidekick they pick up along the way, as this rag tag bunch go on their merry way trying to prevent a murder that the fortune teller has foretold. It’ll have lots of womance–our leads learn from and heal each other–lots of comedy, thrills and spills, heart, and some sexy kisses. But it ends with the fortune teller’s death. I haven’t filled in all the details yet and I doubt I can since I’ve never been one to write fiction, so if anyone out there cares to fill in the blanks, be my guest!
Hi everyone! Did dramaland treat you well this past week? I’ve been somewhat adrift in the currents with nothing to latch onto in terms of a marathon. Except for Coffee Prince, but that is a different kind of marathon. I’m glad In a Good Way returned after the New Year break, and did so with a vengeance. It keeps on getting better and better, and it’s turning out to be far more of an ensemble drama than I ever expected. This is a drama after my own heart but more on that another day. Over to what we’re here for:
1. HAWT DAAYYUM, PEOPLE! This is a screencap from a behind the scenes clip of Secret Love Affair‘s poster shoot which was released this week. And if this isn’t enough heat for you, then let me direct you to this gifset. I warn you, do not look unless you are ready to get singed by some epic sizzle. And I really do mean epic–there are puckering lips involved. Continue reading
Greetings everyone. I was clearly so out of sorts when I wrote my last digest post as I just noticed my dates and my spelling (‘2th’ of February??) were off by miles. To add to the facepalm, in my review of Can We Get Married? I embarrassingly miscounted the number of women characters I rambled on about for approximately 900 words. I really haven’t recovered from Lunar New Years have I?
1. I’ve not hid my escalating excitement for Secret Love Affair, the upcoming jTBC drama starring Kim Hee Ae and Yoo Ah In as a 40-something career woman embarking on scandalous affair with a much younger musician. The shoot released stills this week and Yoo Ah In looks the part of the manic pixie dream boy I imagine his character will be. Kim Hee Ae looks sublime, and I hope and pray this drama does both actors justice with a story that’s rich and sexy and fascinating, and…sexy. Also on board is Ahn Pan Seok PD regular Park Hyuk Kwon playing the husband, and Kyeon Soo Jin as a girl nursing a major crush on Yoo Ah In. Get in line girlfriend! March 17th cannot come soon enough. Continue reading