I have never regretted my inability to understand Korean more than this moment. I apologise that I cannot offer you any credible translations of this lengthy preview. I have only these random observations to offer:
- The teaser devotes most of it’s time to a scene in Hye Won’s (Kim Hee Ae) house in which Sun Jae (Yoo Ah In) plays for her in what appears to be an audition. Sun Jae is nervous, and appropriately youthful. I was afraid he’d come off much older and closer to Yoo Ah In’s real age. I needn’t have worried. He’s got this. Kim Hee Ae is commanding.
- Sun Jae’s playing moves her to tears. Then they also play together. It’s intense. They struggle to catch their breaths, post-coital-like. He shakes. She deflects. This moment is acted so damn perfectly I want to die.
- They relive the moment later: He runs home in the night in joy, she sips tea by the piano. The music during this sequence is so gorgeous and so tender I get goosebumps. And maybe a little emotional.
- The music alone will be enough to bring me to my knees. What more everything else?
- Yoo Ah In has beautifully long fingers. And I’m so glad his playing looks convincing instead of being obviously fake. Kudos to the seamless editing for helping carry the illusion.
- I hope Sun Jae actually owns a piano, or has access to one, and doesn’t practice on bridge railings and learn everything through Youtube. Because that would be ridiculous, I don’t care how prodigious he is.
- I am quaking with fear that Dramafever will screw up the subs.
- There will be a lot of piano-playing porn in this drama. It will make lapsed piano players want to tickle the ivories again.
- Did I just fangirl over a teaser??
Five more days!